Glasses have long since been an emblematic accessory, a symbol of certain people and certain styles. Think Jackie O or Brigitte Bardot and their oversized square shades. Think Gandhi or John Lennon and their small round frames.
There are so many looks characterised by certain frames, like the secretary look with her classic timeless style, the boho look from the 70s with all the colours. There are the movie stars with their oversized frames that function more as a signpost for celebrities than protection of their identity.
Don’t be afraid to have a look around, experiment and identify your perfect style! You can clearly use this emblematic accessory to define and create your very personal style and elevate your look. Carrera sunglasses and eyeglasses are a sound choice. They cater for every type and combine unparalleled quality and design.
These are the classic designs that form part of fashion history.
This look was born with the movie Top Gun back in 1986 when everybody wanted to look like a pilot. They were the item of choice for aviation since 1936 when they first entered the market offering anti-glare technology for the first time. Thanks to Top Gun sales raised by 40% and they hold a top spot in the market ever since.
The glasses worn by Audrey Hepburn in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Ever since, many stars have been seen wearing them including music idols ranging from Debbie Harry to Madonna. They offer a cool attitude to a style that is still going strong.
- Windsor glasses
The small round golden frames chosen by John Lennon, Gandhi and Ernest Hemingway. Not as popular today but still preferred by intellectuals as a sign of their tribe.
Those classic styles in various forms and colours are today available by most retailers. Carrera is my choice because of its solid designs that capture the moment without compromising quality and durability.
Now that you know all about the history of eyewear style, here is a list of their benefits – just so you can easily justify your new pair!
- Sunglasses protect our eyes from the sun. Today we are all aware of the harmful effects of UVA and UVB radiation. These days there is also the blue light radiation from all those screens we face all day. And eyeglasses come into play to help us with that. Just make sure you ask your optician to provide lenses with all the appropriate filters for eye protection in front of the screen.
- Dark lenses hide those dreaded dark circles around our eyes. In case you went to bed late because you were working or binge-watching your favourite series, your sunglasses can clearly save the day and your style! Don’t forget to smile!
- One more reason to smile with your shades on: they make you glamorous and enigmatic. You look fab and people can’t tell how you are feeling because your eyes are hidden. Play the game!
- Oversized square frames will make your look luxuriously bohemian.
- A mask type pair of glasses will definitely make you look dynamic and strong. Carrera does this brilliantly. Try the lenses with a mirrored finish!
- Go for Wayfarers if you want your style to rock!
- Small and round frames will grant you the charm of the 40s which keeps coming back in vogue.
Play around with your glasses, pick and choose according to your mood. They are affordable, they protect your eyes and elevate your look! What else can a girl ask for! Make sure you check out the Carrera frames, both sunglasses and eyeglasses. They offer all the styles mentioned in this article teamed with excellent quality and contemporary finish.